Saturday 24 January 2009

Introduction

It's 2009. The excesses of Christmas, New Year and Burn's Night are gone and past and it's time to start thinking about the upcoming race season. This will be my sixth season with the Pre65 Motocross Club and I feel this will be the year that everything falls into place and I really start to get faster! It's all in the mind, of course, and I'm sure my physical shortcomings and the large yellow streak up my back won't hamper my progress at all!


To the right is my Shiny AJS Stormer that is my primary race bike. A replica of a 1972 model, it was built from new parts seven years ago and I was lucky enough to come across it in pristine condition. After a few years use and a couple of knocks it's not quite so shiny but near enough. My other bike is a BSA B50, the bike I lusted after in the 1970s when I last raced but couldn't afford. Notorious for being difficult to start, after many attempts it now seems to be fairly reliable and I look forward to using it more this season.

This blog will, hopefully follow the preparation for the seasion and the successes, and failures, of a complete duffer - always assuming I don't injure my typing fingers!



Anyway, welcome to my blog. Hopefully it will be at times informative, funny, interesting and worth following. If not, I'm sure you'll let me know.



No comments: